Some Online Linux Terminal to Learn Linux
Are you looking for some online linux terminals to work with?? Yes, there are some Linux terminals available online which will be helpful for you to learn Linux on the go. Online Linux shell is only helpful for learning purpose and they may not serve you better than that. Let’s see some of the online Linux shells:
Here is a list if available Online Linux Terminal or Shell:
– Bellard jslinux terminal
– Tutorial point’s non-root Linux bash shell
– JS/UIX terminal [JS/UIX is not Linux or unIX but it’s just a unix like OS]
– linuxzoo online Linux VM
– witsbits online Linux VM
– FreeBSD terminal @ http://cb.vu/
Out of the above, linuxzoo provides a fully fledged CentOS 7 to work with and various interfaces like: ssh, telnet, VNC to access to the newly created VM. Here I have wrote an article on how to learn Linux with an Online Linux OS without having a real Linux PC at home.
Bellard’s jslinux terminal is also a fully fledged VM but you get only command line access to the Linux machine. And yes it’s having ROOT access.
Final words on Online Linux Terminals:
– Linux terminals available online are easy to work with, while you cannot access or get many information. And the best part is you will execute any command fearlessly on the contrary you may face problem while doing it on your own PC.
– With those online terminals you can do programming on the go, wherever you want and whenever you want.
– The biggest problem with online Linux shell is that you cannot store any files on those online machines. Except that on the linuxzoo machine which will still survive for few days. You have almost 13 days (time till the account expires) to export the files (if you have stored on the Linux machine) via scp or tftp or any other means.
Finally it’s upto you how you want to use these Linux terminal available online from various sources. If you have anything to say on this topic or have any concerns while accessing any of those online Linux terminals, then just login to place a comment or query below.
You might also like
What Is init? In Unix or Unix based systems init is the first process that gets started during system boot. It is the parent process of all the processes that
There are several ways to know the current shell on which you are working. We will be using some shell commands to know in which Shell you are working on.
Sometimes while starting the sshd service you may face some issues like the following: Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key Could not load host