After Ubuntu 20.04 upgrade getting errors when trying to connect with Samba
We have been able to connect to the server from our android devices with no problems; ironically it is only the ubuntu-ubuntu connections that are having this issue.
Looking around for solutions on the web, I saw a suggestion to add the line “client max protocol = NT1” to my smb.conf file for a similar (but not exactly the same) issue, which I tried, but all that did was change the error to “Failed to retrieve share list from Server: Connection timed out”, which was returned immediately, when connecting from the other Ubuntu box.
Can anyone help me out here? As this is the file server for the household, we really need file sharing from this box to be working (and I’m also reluctant to upgrade the other box until I’ve fixed this, as I also do a lot of file-sharing to and from it as well).
You might also like
I upgraded from Ubuntu Studio 18.1 ( fresh install but user on separate partition) and I am having various problems: Audacity crashes – it’s random, works for awhile, but always
Hi, I have installed Lubuntu on my laptop, but there is problem in functionality of the touch pad. Mouse move is working but taping (clicking) is not working. What could
The myriad of different fields that make up robotics makes QA practices difficult to settle on. Field testing is the go-to, since a functioning robot is often proof enough that